three years ago, i came across some of the most magical music i had ever heard.
it was this song:
and i was sold.
three years ago i was also in the business of attempting to woo landon into asking me out on a date. so i told him in class about this great band i had found. the weepies.
well, lucky me, landon both liked the weepies AND asked me out on a date a couple of months later.
i listened to "gotta have you" endlessly that winter that i was falling for landon.
so, fittingly, we danced to "gotta have you" at our wedding.
but back to three years ago. i've been waiting (rather patiently, i might add) to see the weepies in concert. they haven't been on tour since i found them, although they played a show not too far from where i went to college two years ago, but it was a 21+ club and one month before my 21st birthday.
all that to say, we're going tonight. the weepies are in eugene, and we'll be in the fifth row.
i almost feel like i owe them something. like landon and i should publicly thank them for being the official music of our lives. well, i'm sure they won't invite us on stage, but deb and steve, if you're out there, thanks.
(this one's my favorite song from the new album)
xoxo.


6 comments:
I adore the Weepies too, and really enjoyed seeing them play up close at Lilith Fair this year...they are so great live!
What a fun date you had seeing them...nicely done, Landon! Have fun seeing them again tonight!
Liesl :)
I have never heard of them but they are incredible!!
Thanks for sharing doll!
Luvs!
Hope you are having just a FAB time. I am listening to them too, on my computer...so not as cool.
I have to ask my husband to look for this album! How sweet that you played it at your wedding and it brought you two together!
I LOVE the Weepies! I found them about 4 years ago and they have been with me since! Really, I've listened to them on my bus rides to work, on my flights across oceans, and of course, I've introduced them to anyone who would listen!
"Got to have you" was the song I wanted for my wedding, but my (now ex-)husband wouldn't agree... Maybe at my next wedding... :)
Have fun at the concert!!
World Spins Madly On is one of my favorites, I heard them on a TV show last fall and have been in love with the Weepies ever since <3 What a perfect wedding song!
Post a Comment