Saturday, November 27, 2010

our first.

 ...christmas tree!
 you may have already come to this conclusion on your own, but when it comes to the holidays my family means business [see here].  so much so, that we sometimes have our own vocabulary and phrases for things. if a tree has too many bare spots, then it "doesn't have the separation we like." any round hanging christmas decoration is a "dingleball." and the most hated of all holiday phrases is when my dad says "don't let the box fool you" every time one of us opens a present with a company name on the box. it's only hated because he says it every time. every single time. and the list goes on. 
 our christmas tree hunting was quite a success. 4 trees in under 2 hours roundtrip.  
i'm happily welcoming in the season. and racking my brain as to how our tree will fit in our bitty [albeit homey] apartment.
xoxo.

7 comments:

Liesl said...

How exciting and what pretty trees they are!

Liesl :)

a whole lotta love said...

yay. so fun. i can't wait til we go get ours :) we had our first snow today. its beginning to look a lot like christmas... :)

Elena said...

Awesome! Looking forward to pictures of your decorated tree :)

Mary said...

Aww, congrats on your first tree together! I can't wait to bring my boyfriend along when my parents and I go hunting for our tree in a few weeks. The holidays are my favorite time of the year!

Signe said...

Hihi, so fun and I love that first picture of you two!

Nicole Lisa said...

How cool!
I can't wait for my first Christmas tree... but until I have children I think my apartment will lack one.
Have a great 1st advent.
<3 Nicole Lisa
http://www.blushcode.com/

Karen said...

How special. I've no doubt that you and Landon are going to have an awesome Christmas together. Your tree looks so fabulous. There's nothing like Oregon and all its trees to usher in the Holiday hoopla. Enjoy...joy...joy!