I hope you're not hungry! I sure am after looking through these pictures again. The food from our wedding was bomb-diggity. And cheap-diggity (comparatively speaking), because my mom did it all! She's superwoman, I tell you. Our appetizers were stuffed baby peppers and caprese skewers. Nom, nom and nom.
Holy shortcakes! Don't they look gorg all piled up on the table?
The makings of lots and lots of breadsticks...
And a little known fact: the breadsticks were really twice-baked focaccia slices. Mmm. I could go for one right now.
The main course: a simple summer salad and my all-time, absolute, very favorite dish: my mom's mac and cheese (recipe here). It's so good I had to share it with everyone.
And you know how a lot of brides say they didn't get to eat their wedding food? Not this girl. You better believe those cheeks are stuffed FULL.
And let's talk about shortcakes (originally when I posted this, I forgot to include the shortcakes!)
I don't like traditional wedding cake, or really most cakes, so I knew I wanted some kind of alternative. Strawberry shortcakes were something that my mom (and her amazing team) could prep ahead of time. Plus, don't strawberry shortcakes just scream summer?
And they were delicious.
My mom, in true superwoman fashion, also made 275 jars of jam for our favors. YUM.
But you know what the best food and drink were?
The bread and the cup.
Because we took them together, and we made a vow.
xoxo.













5 comments:
what a BEAUTIFUl tradition with the communion! and...um...can your mom come cater my supper for me one night?
AND...is there seriously anywhere ELSE on the oregon coast BUT moe's in which to consume chowder? i think not. Moe's was FABULOUS.
have a beautiful day, sweet friend!
The food. I'm all about the food:-) Your mom is a rock star! xoxo
Katie,
I am so blown away by the fact your mom made all of this? Amazing. Its almost too pretty to eat too! Thanks for sharing the photos!
Anna
Wow! Mac 'n cheese! I'm lovin' it!!
Your wedding looks lovely. Is mac and cheese a common wedding food in America? In Australia it is something for children to eat.
The strawberry shortcakes look scrumptious :)
Post a Comment