Monday, July 25, 2011

watermelon crawl.

 I think if there was one thing Landon could change about me, it would be my tolerance for certain types of music, namely hip-hop and country. And although my feelings toward country music are changing (as in I'm not liking it as much anymore), I did, on occasion, enjoy a night of line dancing in college. Here's your proof:
Because of this, I happened to have a really soft spot for the line dance that accompanies Tracy Byrd's "The Watermelon Crawl", so of course I attempted to teach the steps to my family and our wedding party a few days before the wedding. And while I don't remember any of them catching on to the idea or the steps, we sure did have a blast trying. This is easily one of my favorite memories from the week. But first, I've got to give MAJOR props to my dad, who built the dance floor with his own two hands:


 Here, I'm teaching Angie, my sister, mom, and two of my mom's dear friends.

See how we're all in sync except those two legs without a body in the very back? That's my mom. I think she struggled a bit, but we still love her.

 Thanks Ang, Kim, Jen, Mom and Liz for agreeing to give my crazy idea a try, and tearing it up on the dance floor. 
 xoxo.

[Photos by Angie. Except the one with Angie in it. I took that one]

3 comments:

Corrie Anne said...

Watermelon crawl? I'm gonna have to look for a YouTube video on that one! :)

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Hahaha! This looks like so much fun!

Nikki said...

That is quite a bit of line dancing proof ;) I'm going to have to google watermelon crawl too, although I could probably just ask my Husband.