It just so happens that this is my favorite time of year. It used to be tied with summer, but now that we live in Texas, summer has been downgraded. I'm loving the fall here in Abilene. We have lots of clear, sunny, chilly days that make for perfect mornings wrapped in a blanket with a mug of hot cocoa.
First up, Thanksgiving of course. We're staying in Texas for Thanksgiving, which marks the first year that I won't be in Portland. While I'm sad to miss the Turkey Bowl, I'm thrilled for the holiday because Landon's family is joining us here in Texas! With no dining table and a small oven, it will certainly be a Thanksgiving to remember, but we're really looking forward to it. I created a menu for us (part of my 12x2012 list!), so I thought I'd share it here...
First up, Thanksgiving of course. We're staying in Texas for Thanksgiving, which marks the first year that I won't be in Portland. While I'm sad to miss the Turkey Bowl, I'm thrilled for the holiday because Landon's family is joining us here in Texas! With no dining table and a small oven, it will certainly be a Thanksgiving to remember, but we're really looking forward to it. I created a menu for us (part of my 12x2012 list!), so I thought I'd share it here...
The holidays also mean good things for CookingThyme, my mom's cooking school in Portland. Check out the holiday classes they've got planned. 

Killer, right? I wish I could be there for some! Speaking of being there, we just booked our Christmas tickets last night...we'll be back in Portland for THIRTEEN days around Christmas and I can't wait!! Family, food, festivities and my beloved city...three cheers!
And finally, with the holidays comes the Cold Hands, Warm Hearts swap! This is my first year participating, and we just got our swap partners last night! Mine is Amanda from And They Will Become One Flesh. Can't wait to swap with you Amanda!
It’s the holiday season
(The holiday season)
With the whoop-de-do and hickory dock
And don’t forget to hang up your sock...
(The holiday season)
With the whoop-de-do and hickory dock
And don’t forget to hang up your sock...
xoxo.




4 comments:
SO fun!! I missed CHWH somehow this year, loved it last year!! so cute
Yay! I'm loving the look of your blog! How beautiful!!! :)
Can I come to your Thanksgiving dinner? Sounds sooo good. I'll have to check out "cold hands, warm hearts" - very intriguing ;)
Your blog is adorable, btw.
Hey, I am having my first giveaway ever!... :) Wanna join it? http://scribblesfromjourney.blogspot.com/2011/11/giveaway-to-be-thankful-for.html
Spread the word, so we can have even more fun! :)
Post a Comment