Monday, April 2, 2012

saying goodbye to our sweet little snook.


I came home Friday to some very sad news for us, that our sweet little kitty, Snook, has gone to kitty heaven (which, for clarification, doesn't actually exist, but we'll pretend). From what we can conclude, he must have eaten something poisonous and it was too much for his little body. It's only been two months since we adopted him, but he really became our little buddy and both Landon and I are very sad to lose him. 
Whenever I woke up in the morning or came home from work each afternoon, Snook would crawl in my lap and nudge my chin with his nose. He always snuggled into my lap when I was working on my laptop. Sometimes we took naps together. Sometimes he liked to crawl into the bathroom sink. He was such a sweet, affectionate and cute little kitty, and I'm sad to lose what had become such a companion for me. 
As I told a friend the other day, we all have things we wish we were better at, and for me it's being generous and hospitable. Snook, as cheesy as it might sound, allowed me to care for him and be generous and hospitable to him. And that vulnerability doesn't sound so good now that he's gone, but I know that it's what we're supposed to do with our lives. Open our hearts, let the needy in (not just kitties, people too!), and meet their needs as we can.
So to our favorite little kitty, we miss you dearly. Thanks for brightening our days, ruining all of my curtains (you're forgiven), and helping me to open up. 

Instead of doing something productive this weekend, I made this to make myself feel better. You might think I'm ridiculous, but you wouldn't call out a grieving cat lady, would you?


xoxo.

1 comment:

ravennagirls.com said...

oh no! I'm so sorry. Thoughts and prayers with your little texas family.