Monday, September 24, 2012

loved and needed.


Isn't it strange how often we operate out of our fears? As I think of some of my decisions in the past, or even the things I contemplate now as we plan for the future, I'm realizing how much my thoughts come from from a place of fear. Fear that I won't be comfortable, fear that I won't be accepted, fear that I won't be loved, and fear that I won't be needed.

But the truth is, comfort, acceptance, and love should really come from my relationship with Christ. And while he doesn't need us to accomplish His plans, He can certainly put a willing heart to good use. And so that's been my prayer--that I will seek God and the ways He wants to use my life, and trust that his comfort, love, and acceptance are always with me, even when the comforts, love, and acceptance of this world are not.

xoxo.

[photo by yours truly]

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Katie, I miss you! Your posts are the best :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for reminding me that it's more about His love, His acceptance for me than about other people's opinions about me.

Great picture, also!..

Please come by and say hi! I blog over at nami scribbles. ( www.namiscribbles.blogspot.com )

katie [the bright life] said...

Marabeth, I miss you!! Come back to Texas!

Karen said...

Happy to read your blog, Katie. Wonderfully expressed. Love to you and Landon.

emma miller said...

I love this post! I feel like I'm in exactly the same mindset right now.