Friends, I have some fun changes to tell you about! A few weeks ago, I applied for a job (almost on a whim) at Hardin-Simmons University (HSU), where Landon is going to grad school...and within the same week, I was offered the job!! While I was getting good experience at McMurry University, working at HSU will help us cover some of the extra costs of Landon's schooling, so switching jobs was the right decision for us (and definitely a HUGE blessing). The photo above shows the building I'll be working in, starting tomorrow! I took a walk around the HSU campus last weekend and snapped a couple of shots...
I'm excited to work in such a beautiful place! I think this will be a good fit for me, and the fact that it's within walking distance from our house doesn't hurt, either. It's also right across the street from our church, so it's like we've got our own little corner of the world here, and I love it.
Along with the job change, I've decided to change things up here on the blog. I love posting on here, but lately, I feel like my posts have been lacking a little something special, and I'm always putting them together last minute. So, I devised a plan. As a way to help me work ahead on things AND keep you inspired, I've come up with some lovely little themes to bring you each week.
And they are...
DIY Monday: (DIY project from me, or DIY inspiration from around the web)
Inspired: (what I'm loving and inspired by)
Life Lately: (an update on Landon and I and our adventures in Texas)
The Anthology: (a collection of pretty and inspiring things or ideas)
In the Shop: (a featured item from our shop)
Sunday Lovin: (an old favorite)
What do you think? I'm hoping this will be a good change for The Bright Life, keeping me on track and bringing lots of lovely things your way!
xoxo.










7 comments:
Congrats on the new job! And your town looks so pretty :)
Real happy for you, Katie. God sure is working things out for you and Landon. What type of work will you be doing at HSU?
@Ellyn--Thank you!!
@Karen--I'll be the marketing and communications assistant in the marketing/enrollment department at HSU, similar to the type of work I did at McMurry. I'm really looking forward to it!!
COngrats on the new job! Sometimes change comes at just the right time. Excited for the new blog features - can't wait to see what you come up with :)
@Brianne, thanks so much!! Change has definitely come at the right time for me. :) Xo, Katie
Great idea! Themes make it much easier (: Hope work went well!! So excited for you. How was your first day??
Looks like a quaint and gorgeous lil university!!! Best wishes....you rock!!!!
Post a Comment